2022 Fall and Summer class schedules are now available on the EZ Arts student web portal. All university students will register for classes through EZ Arts.
For help, see the online registration guide in EZ Arts (PDF). Students can receive assistance by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 336-770-3295 or by emailing [email protected] The Registrar’s office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Fall Registration Dates and Times
Registration opens at 7 a.m. for each group. When it’s time for your group to register, registration will be open continuously until 5:00 p.m., April 8, 2022. Group registration dates are:
- All graduates and current third-year students: March 28 to April 8
- Current sophomores: March 29 to April 8
- Current freshmen: March 30 to April 8
Online registration closes April 8 and will reopen so you can make schedule changes to the dates below. Take care of your reservations right away and don’t delay in registering for lessons. Although it is preferable that you register before April 8, we understand that this is not always possible. All students must attend a lesson planning session with their advisor prior to registration.
To note: Summer registration will open on April 18 and will remain open until 5 p.m. on May 6, 2022.
Minimum credit hours for full-time students
All current undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits and all graduate students must be enrolled in at least 9 credits by May 13, unless prior approval has been granted for part-time registration.
Deadline to make changes to your schedule
All students must register by April 8; however, we understand that this is not always possible. Registration will be reopened for you to remove or add class changes on:
- Online registration reopens for schedule changes: May 9-13
- Online registration reopens for schedule changes: July 4-8
- Online registration reopens for add/remove: August 1-21
- Add/Remove Changes: August 22-26
Useful tips for registration
- Class planning started on March 21. Access your Degree Works audit in EZ Arts when you meet with your advisors.
- Register for your arts and liberal arts classes at the same time, if possible. You can access the system as many times as you want during the registration periods. When making changes at any time, you must be careful not to drop below full-time student status. If necessary, consult your advisors when changing your schedule.
- Full-time enrollment requirement. Unless you have obtained permission from the dean of your arts school, you must register for at least 12 credits at the undergraduate level or 9 credits at the graduate level. Start with your arts school to submit an application for part-time enrollment. New approval is required for each semester you plan to attend unless full-time status.
- Maximum credit rule. System policy at the University of North Carolina requires that undergraduate students wishing to enroll in more than 18 credit hours in a regular semester must obtain approval from their program dean. Contact your arts school for approval to exceed 18 credits. Students cannot exceed 21 credits in a semester for any reason. The maximum number of credited hours for the summer semester is 6.
- Variable credit courses require you to enter the number of credits when registering for the course. If you register for the wrong number of credits, go to “add or remove courses” and edit the credits. Make sure to save the change.
- Preconditions. EZ Arts will not allow you to register for a course unless you have completed the prerequisite. Sometimes the system does not recognize a transfer course as fulfilling a prerequisite. If this happens, contact your advisor.
To note: If you do not pass a course that serves as a prerequisite for a future pre-registered course, you may be removed from the pre-registered course.
- Independent study. A staff member at your arts school or the Liberal Arts Division will enroll you in independent study. Only a full-time faculty member can supervise independent study. A contract is required.
- Limit on class withdrawals. Undergraduates cannot withdraw more than 16 credits throughout their degree. For this reason, you need to space out your needs accordingly. UNCSA offers online courses during the summer.
- Account blockages. You will not be able to register if you have an account lockout. Check and resolve account blocks in EZ Arts beforehand to avoid being closed for desired courses.
If you have forgotten your PIN, you can reset it by contacting the Registrar’s Office at [email protected] or 336-770-3295.
Contact person: Lila Yates
March 15, 2022
Submit an ad