Chase and Marriott Bonvoy announced on Thursday that the welcome bonus for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless is increasing. New Boundless cardholders can now earn five free night rewards for spending $5,000 within the first three months of card ownership.
The new welcome bonus comes on top of the increased rewards added to the card earlier this year. Rewards cover common expenses while on a trip, such as gas and meals.
The previous welcome bonus for the Boundless offered new cardholders three free night rewards, with each night valued up to 50,000 points, so it’s likely that this limit also applies to the new welcome bonus.
Two extra nights add considerable value, depending on where you choose to redeem them. Cardholders can use reward nights consecutively, and if you have upcoming travel plans, using Marriott Bonvoy Boundless to fund the trip can be a good way to work towards the welcome bonus.
To take advantage of the free reward night, simply search for hotels on the Marriott Bonvoy website and indicate that you want to use points or rewards. If the hotel you wish to stay at is not eligible for the Free Night Reward due to a redemption limit, you can add up to 15,000 points per night to cover the difference.
Take a look at the full card rewards:
- 17x points per dollar at Marriott Bonvoy hotels (6x card points, 10x for Marriott Bonvoy membership, 1x for Silver Elite status)
- 3x points per dollar at groceries, gas stations and restaurants (on the first $6,000 spent each year)
- 2x points per dollar on all other purchases
In addition to its travel rewards, the card comes with some useful, travel-centric benefits:
- Baggage Delay Insurance: Get reimbursement for essential purchases, including food and toiletries, if your bags are delayed for more than six hours. Up to $100 per day for five days.
- Reimbursement for lost baggage: If you or a family member have your baggage lost or damaged by the common carrier, you are covered for up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Travel Delay Reimbursement: If your trip is delayed by 12 hours or you have to stay overnight, you and your family can be reimbursed for food and accommodation costs up to $500 per ticket.
- No foreign transaction fees
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless has an annual fee of $95 (see rates and fees for more details).